Sunday, June 5, 2011

The first official OT-Kids blog post!!!

OK, after much consideration I have finally decided to begin blogging.  I have been following various therapists blogs for a few months now, and have often thought about creating one myself. Well needless to say life has been hectic in the Nguyen household lately, as we anxiously await the arrival of our first bundle of joy in just a few short weeks, however an hour or so ago I sat at my computer and said to myself "There is no time like the present"

The deciding factor for me was the fact that I have encountered so many wonderful people in my life that are dedicated to children in one capacity or another!!! Whether you are a fellow therapist (OT, PT or SLP), a teacher, a friend with children of your own, a parent of one of my clients, or a relative, we all have had an experience with children that we wish we could share with the world.  I hope you will follow this blog to read about my experiences as well as to share your own.

As a pediatric occupational therapist I have interactions with children each and every day that make an impact on my life.  It is my job to help children access their full potential and there is no better way to make a difference in a child's life then to teach them through play!  Yep, I get to play all day long!!!!

Through this blog I will be sharing activities and ideas that you can use with the children in your life. I  will share information that I have gathered and used in my practice as an OT as well as information and ideas that I hope to be using with my own children in just a short time!!!

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and hope that you too will use this blog to share your own ideas and thoughts along the way!   Also for more information OT-Kids please check out my website at www.OT-Kids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment