Monday, July 16, 2012

I am one Tough Mudder!!!

On Saturday, I tackled an event that boasts itself as probably "The toughest event on the planet"!!! Tough Mudder New England, hosted at Mount Snow in Vermont was the most mentally stimulating, physically exhausting and positive morale boosting experience I have ever encountered.  This event consists of 10 miles of mountainous terrain,military style obstacles designed by the British Special Forces and enough mud, electricity, fire and ice to make a sane person loose their wits. Tough Mudder has raised over 3 million dollars to date and all proceeds from the event are given to The Wounded Warrior Project.

Well with all that being said, I AM OFFICIALLY ONE TOUGH MUDDER!!! I crossed the finish line in almost exactly 6 hours, with a team of 12 friends, most importantly my husband and my sister that supported me and motivated me throughout the entire grueling experience.  Without their support and the support of complete strangers along the way cheering me on and offering assistance when needed, I would have thrown in the towel ten times.

I didn't successfully complete all of the obstacles but I crossed the finish line with my head held high and a feeling of accomplishment that I have not experienced before!!! So for any followers out there that are looking to challenge their physical being as well as their mental psyche, sign up for a Tough Mudder event, and experience a thrill like none other!!!



http://toughmudder.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment